For some time now crochet braids (not to be confused with box braids) have been a growing trend. Chances are you may mistake crochet braids for someone’s real hair, which is one of the reasons we’re big fans of the look. If you’re thinking about jumping on the crochet bandwagon, here’s everything you need to know about this trending hairstyle.
Like us on our facebook page Fashion Room below. Thanks.
Crochet Braids Maintenance
- Use a spray bottle of watered down shampoo and spray your scalp with the mixture.
- You can lightly massage your scalp with the pads of your fingers.
- Optional: Cowash the added hair very gently.
- Then gently rinse out the mixture you used to clean your scalp (and the cowash in the added hair).
How long can you keep in crochet braids?Crochet braid hairstyles last between 4 to 8 weeks or longer depending on the intricacies of your braid pattern, quality of hair installed, and your maintenance routine. Since crochet braids are a long term protective style, be mindful that your natural hair needs care as well.
What is needed for crochet braids?As the name suggests, crochet braids are hair extensions that are literallycrocheted into your own hair (braided into cornrows) with a latch hook tool. This type of hairstyle has been popular in the black hair community since the ’90s.
How long do you keep your box braids in?Again this depends on your hair. Don’t keep your braids in for too long. They lastabout 4 months on me without any damage but I’ve heard of someone experiencing problems after only 2 months. I don’t recommend you keep them in for longer than 3 months(just to be safe).
You’ll thank me when you unravel your braids and your hair is healthy, strong, and long.
- Protect Your Hair At Night. …
- Keep Your Scalp Moist. …
- Apply moisturizing and sealing product to hair. …
- Avoid unnatural products when keeping hair moisturized. …
- Wash your braids once every two weeks (minimum) …
- Avoid constant up-dos
See Images of crochet braids Below:
To learn how to make your own crochet braids and crochet wigs and also to Order . Call 08064146215. Pay on delivery to Lagos and Port Harcourt.