BEDC staff electrocuted in Edo (videos)

A yet-to-be-identified man said to be a BEDC staff was electrocuted while carrying out repairs on an electric pole close to the University of Benin, Ekehuan campus. 

 

The incident happened on Thursday, May 11, 2023, while the deceased was on duty. 

 

In a video seen online, the man who wore safety clothing with the inscription, BEDC, was seen dangling from an electric pole

 

Eyewitnesses told the PUNCH that the man was held up on the pole and before they could turn off the transformer, he was electrocuted.

 

“The man was trying to fix one of the wires that was falling when he was electrocuted,”  a witness said. 

 

“I don’t think the light was not turned off from the central switch before he embarked on carrying out the repair. He was already close to the high-tension wire when power was restored and he got electrocuted.

 

“He was there for about 20 minutes before people started noticing what was happening to him. But I guess it was too late.” 

 

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Evelyn Gbiwen said she got a hint of the incident but doesn’t have details yet. 

 

BEDC staff electrocuted in Edo (videos)

 

BEDC staff electrocuted in Edo (videos)

 

BEDC staff electrocuted in Edo (videos)

 

Leave a reply:

Site Footer

Sliding Sidebar

About us

Jehu's Blog site covers all niches from A-Z categories. #Viral News #Have you not heard.

Contact us

Email: jehusblog@gmail.com
Phone: +2348063611906

Advertise with us

Contact +2348063611906 for Sponspored Ads,website promotion,youtube video promotion,etc.