In a letter read by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, during the plenary on Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari sought for the Senate confirmation of Bolaji Owasanoye as chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC)
Mr Buhari’s letter reads:
”In accordance with provision of section 38 (6) of the corrupt practices and other related offences commission establishment act 2000, I have the pleasure to present the under-listed for confirmation as chairman and members of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) by the Senate.
1. Prof. Bolaji Owasanoye – Chairman (Osun)
2. Dr Grace Chinda – member (Delta)
3. Okolo Titus – member (Enugu)
4. Obiora Ugwedebia (Anambra)
5. Mrs Olubukola Balogun – member (Lagos)
6. Justice Adamu Bello – member (Katsina)
7. Hannatu Muhammed – member (Jigawa)
8. Abdullahi Maikano Saidu – member (Niger)
9. Yahaya Umar Dauda – Member (Nasarawa)
Please find attached copies of their curriculum vitae while looking forward to your usual expeditious consideration.
Please accept, Mr Senate President, the assurances of my highest esteem.”
The nominees will not be confirmed until the Senate resumes plenary late September. Even then, it is not sure if they would be considering the ongoing hostility between the two arms of government.
The Senate on Tuesday adjourned plenary to September 25.